Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Day In My Life

I wake up to the alarm of my phone, then I sleepily turn it off for the day. I stay in bed for a while until my father tells me to get up. I change and comb my hair then pick up my phone, keys, and backpack I'll have to use for the day. I groggily walk down the stairs and eat a scrawny meal consisting of only muffins and milk. I check the time--I'm late.

I rush out of the house, heading down the street. Soon I meet up with my friend Andy, and we discuss casual topics. When we reach the school, I hurriedly check the PE board for what we do today. I return to my group, where there is a huge gathering of people I know, some well, and some not as well. Soon, the bell rings and I take my backpack into Mrs. Young's room.

I solve my Workbook problems, check the homework, and take notes. Occasionally an interesting topic comes up, but there's not much else that happens. I check the time. 9:41. Time to pack up.

I reach the second floor of the buildings with my friends, headed for Social Studies. Inside, I wait for Mr. Moch to get the class quiet. We listen to him ramble along about money, his pet peeves, and other entertaining topics. Oh goodie, homework for tonight.

I walk out the classroom, thinking about my upcoming tests. I look around me, at my friends, who are eating snacks. I beg them for some of the snacks--Courtney, I get a tiny piece of a cookie, Manas refuses to even consider giving me anything, and Matthew just says no. The bell rings again, and we move as if one being to English.

The sound of Mrs. Magnante's voice bores me, telling me we have another essay to write. It seems that this time even more boring than the last. Apparently we have a seminar on Friday. Interesting. As she finally dismisses us, I skid out the classroom and look to the left. No, not there.

I listen intently as Mrs. Mitchell describes our next lab. I speak a few words with my desk partner, Chris Adams, while he communicates with Adrish a few seats away. I take out my science book, flipping to Page 74. Time to do some classwork. It's all easy, and I finish well before the bell rings. My stomach growls. I'm hungry, and just in time, too. Mrs. Mitchell comes along to check our row to see if we are tidied. Looks like we're the first dismissed.

I impatiently yell "go!" to the person in the front of the door, just as the time turns to 12:38. A second later, the bell rings. I hurry to the lunch line. First! I pick up a canned red Gatorade, Cool Ranch Doritos, and a Crispy Chicken Ranch Wrap. Nothing better to eat, anyways. I pluck out the softest cookie I can find out of the cookie tray, as I enter in my numbers. I walk out, turning around to get my stuff to put in my backpack. I head for Math Lab, determined to finish my math homework. Turns out, I finish it early. No other homework, I sign out myself and all my friends but Kevin Shen. I put a sad face next to his name.

In technology, I script in Alice, attempting to create what Mr. Bateman has assigned me. In a flash, the period is over.

As I get out of the Tech Lab, I walk to the gym, in no real hurry. I put on my clothes, run to my number, sit down and wait patiently. I drown out the monotone sound of Mrs. Barker's voice and watch the environment around me. A cool breeze compliments the pale blue sky, as I get up to touch five basketball poles. The game has started. I contribute to my team at the very minimum, and soon enough, Mrs. Barker blows her whistle and we all return to our numbers. As soon as we are dismissed, I sprint to the locker rooms. I check the time, 3:07. Thanks, Mrs. Barker.

I run out of the locker rooms talking about video games and other random conversation with my friends. As soon as I reach home, I take out a cold glass of water, gulping it intensely. I walk up the stairs and turn on my computer. 5 emails, a message, and two notifications. Not much for the day. I check each thing, and of course, not much to do. I dreadfully take out my homework to do. In regular intervals, I chat with my friends. Soon, it's 6:00, and I get to relax for a while before the voice of my mother calls me downstairs to eat dinner.

I eat in silence. After all, there's nothing to say. I finish my food and go upstairs to check on my computer again, then go downstairs to play piano. After that, I go back upstairs. Nothing interesting comes up on Facebook. I watch a TV show on Netflix for an hour, and by that time, Andy goes on and I chat with him. This keeps me busy for a while. I don't feel tired yet, so I start chatting with Andy. Soon, it's very late and we say bye, going to sleep.

I wake up to the alarm of my phone, then I sleepily turn it off for the day. I stay in bed for a while until my father tells me to get up. I change and comb my hair then pick up my phone, keys, and backpack I'll have to use for the day. I groggily walk down the stairs and eat a scrawny meal consisting of only muffins and milk. I check the time--I'm late.

rd

No comments:

Post a Comment